- First Look at Docker SwarmKit - Docker SwarmKit looks to be an interesting addition to the scheduling and orchestration ecosystem. Until now, any reasonable-scale production infrastructure would either use Kubernetes or Mesosphere (or roll your own) to manage containers at scale. The current release of SwarmKit appears to be an early building block that we can continue to extend to support different environments.
- Announcing FROM:latest - For the past year or so, we’ve been deploying Docker containers behind the firewall and have watched Docker change and mature a lot. The ecosystem has moved crazy-fast to produce a lot of good ideas about what makes a great Dockerfile.
- Refactoring a Dockerfile for image size - There’s been a welcome focus in the Docker community recently around image size. Smaller image sizes are being championed by Docker and by the community. When many images clock in at multi-100 MB and ship with a large ubuntu base, it’s greatly needed. We've assembled the best practices for writing Dockerfiles.
- Changing the Enterprise Software Narrative - Today we launched EnterpriseReady. Our goal with this project is to change the enterprise narrative from “how to SELL to the enterprise” to “how to BUILD for the enterprise“. But what does that mean exactly? From our perspective, too much of the conversation about enterprise software has been dominated with advice about to sell & market to enterprise … Continue reading Changing the Enterprise Software Narrative
- Travis CI Founder: Beyond SaaS – Building for Enterprise - Recently, at GitHub Universe (GitHub’s user conference), Josh Kalderimis, co-founder of Travis CI gave a 40 minute talk about their experience of moving beyond SaaS & building for the Enterprise.
- Replicated Launches - A quick overview of the launch coverage, including links.
- Replicated Automatic Updates - We’ve recently shipped one of the most requested features in Replicated: the ability for Replicated to self-update! This isn’t enabled by default; read more about how the feature works and how to use it. Replicated Release Schedule Before jumping into how to implement this feature, we should discuss the planned and expected Replicated release schedule. Replicated … Continue reading Replicated Automatic Updates
- Management Console Settings Screen - The installable components of Replicated that your customers interact with are now more configurable with the introduction of the Management Console Settings screen. The layout is similar to the customizable configuration screen that allows each of your customers to configure their instance of your application.
- Bypass TLS Security Warning Instructions - Replicated now serves a static page over HTTP on port 8800 to provide browser specific instructions for bypassing TLS warnings about the self-signed certs used to bootstrap the server. Specifically, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari are detected with bypass instructions. Instructions are also provided to verify the fingerprint of the self-signed cert.
- Air Gapped Installation Support - Replicated now supports three types of installation: direct connect, proxy and today we’re introducing air gapped installation. “Air gapped” basically means a server or network that is physically isolated and does not have outbound or inbound internet access.
- Preflight Checks - By default each instance is now verified against the standard Replicated Preflight Checks during the installation and update processes. The goal of this feature is to surface potential issues to the end user before they become support tickets for Replicated application vendors.
- 1-Click Update Experience - Replicated makes the process of providing your on-prem customers with your regular application updates as simple as possible. Whenever a release is promoted to a channel where existing customers are licensed, your customers will be able to update their instance with 1-click.
- Instance Reporting - Replicated recently introduced a way to track the usage & updates for each license you issue to a customer. This is helpful when you’re supporting a customer or what to just have some insight as to how they’re using the license you provided to them.
- On-prem Instance Configuration Page - One of the core features of Replicated is the ability for any application to present users with a configuration/settings page on which they can input values to be used to customize their instance. Generally, these settings include things like hostname, SSL certs, SMTP settings.
- License Activation Requirement - In order to ensure that your application and its images are only being used by the companies that you have authorized to do so, Replicated introduced a feature to tie a license to a specific email address.
- LDAP & Active Directory Sync Support - Introducing V1 of Replicated Directory Service Sync You can now offer your Replicated deployed enterprise customers user management through LDAP & Active Directory by integrating with Replicated’s Directory Service module. The first version of this feature supports LDAP 389 DS, Free IPA, Open LDAP and Microsoft Active Directory 2008 & 2012. We’ve done our best … Continue reading LDAP & Active Directory Sync Support
Replicated Knowledge Base
Now located at https://support.replicated.com